Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome!

Hello, Welcome to the OFFICIAL HempHelpers Blog!

Let me start by telling you a little history about HempHelpers

A few years ago I was introduced to the fabulous material, hemp.
I would look for cool jewelery made out of hemp, but my searches always fell flat. There were tons of really cool things made, but nothing that really reached me.
That was until I bought my first ball of hemp.
My best friend taught me how to make my own hemp necklace. I fell in love

January 2009, I made my very first hemp necklace and started my next big adventure.
Over the first few months, I would just make necklaces for friends. But it wasn't before too long that I decided I wanted to take my creations to music festivals and craft shows.

July 2009, At this point I have made over 100 necklaces, branklets, keychains, all with my special twist. My friends and I have decided to take the collection to Rothbury, the real test. I braced myself, being a newbie at selling my craft I didn't know what to expect. I was afraid that nobody would like my stuff, or that there would be hundreds of others selling hemp jewelery like mine. But I was excited too, boy was I excited.

After a crazy 4 days, I managed to sell or trade 40 items. Which was awesome, but not even the best part. The best part was that no other seller (that I found) had the same twist on their hemp crafts like I did, and everyone that checked out my stuff totally dug it.

A few weeks later I heard about etsy, started making my shop, and became hooked. Etsy is one of the most wonderful sites on the web, I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't already!


January 2010 It's been almost a year since my very first hemp neckace, and boy has time flown. My etsy shop is still a wee baby, but she's growing. And I'm learning new things about crafting everyday.
It's a new year and a new decade, perfect time to start living it up!


So that's how it all started. Now for the real fun to begin....but you'll have to wait til the next post!

Peace Love and Clips
Spacey

No comments:

Post a Comment